- 1 A Complete Guide to Download Passport Application Form
- 1.1 The Procedure to Download and Fill a Passport Application Form
- 1.2 How to Check Your Passport Application Status?
Download Passport Application Form: Imagine that you are planning for an international vacation with your family. Now, what is the most important thing that you need in order to fly outside your own country? The answer is a passport. Well, it is not unknown to us that a passport serves as a crucial travel document when it comes to international travels. To put it in simple words, if you don’t have a passport, you cannot travel outside the country. A passport is generally issued by the government of a country in order to detect the nationality and the identity of the passport holder for the purpose of traveling outside the country.
Read More: Apply for Passport Online
A Complete Guide to Download Passport Application Form
The fact that a passport is used as a proof of citizenship, you will require it to prove your citizenship in order to gain back entry into your own country after you come back from an international tour. Therefore, if you are planning to fly abroad, it is absolutely mandatory for you to apply for your passport as soon as possible. In case you are not sure, how to apply for a passport, I got you covered. In this article, I am going to guide you through the process of passport application and also how to check your passport application status online.
Read More: Passport Renewal
The Procedure to Download and Fill a Passport Application Form
Passport application is a process that can either be done online, or you can simply download the passport application form (e-form), fill it up and then upload the filled up form on the passport website. But for people who may find the online process a bit complicated, they can always go for the passport e-form fill up the process. All you need to is to follow the simple steps given below, and you are all good to go.
Read More: Passport Seva Kendra
Step 1: Downloading E-Form from Passport Website
In order to download the passport application form, the first thing you need to do is get yourself registered on the official passport site of India. Follow the given steps to complete the registration process.
- Visit the official passport site of India in order to get yourself registered.
- Once the official site opens, click on the ‘Register Now’ option.
- A page will appear where you will be asked to fill in the required details including your email id and password.
- Enter the user ID that you wish to have for your passport application in the Login ID box.
- After you are done setting your user ID click on ‘Register.’
- The next thing that you need to do is to confirm your registration. For that click on the link that has been sent to your given email ID.
- The link will direct to a page where you are required to log in to the same website using your login ID and passport that you provided earlier.
- Once you have logged in click on the option ‘Apply For Fresh issue/re-issue of passport.’
- Under the alternative 1 head click on the link ‘Click here to download the soft copy of the form.’
- Once you click on the link your soft copy of passport application will be downloaded on your device.
- The downloaded passport application form will be in ZIP format, so you will need to extract it in order to carry on with the process further.
- After you are done with the extraction process, you will be able to open the passport application form in PDF format.
Step 2: Filling Up the Passport Application Form Offline
After you have successfully downloaded the passport application form, you need to fill it up. In order to do so, follow the instructions given below:
- The first thing you need to is to choose whether you are applying for a fresh or re-issue of passport.
- Next step is to select whether your passport application is tatkal or normal. After that select the number of pages you wish to have in your passport.
- Now go to the applicant details section and fill up the required fields in the passport application
- Go to the next section where you are required to fill in the details related to your birth place as asked in the passport application
- Similarly, now fill up all the required details in the form in its respective fields.
- Once you are done filling up the details in your passport application form click on ‘Validate and Save.’
- The passport application form that you saved will be saved in the XML format which you need to upload on the passport website later.
Step 3: Uploading the Filled Up Passport Application Form to the Passport Website
The next thing that you need to do after filling up the passport application form is to upload it to the passport website. For that you need to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official passport website again. Then, log in using your personal user ID and password.
- Now, click on the option ‘Apply for fresh/reissue of Passport.’
- Under the section Alternative 1, click on ‘Click here to upload the filled form.’
- Next, select your state and district.
- Then, you need to select yes or no to decide whether you need to give your name in Hindi or English.
- After that click on the ‘Choose File’ option near to directory path in order to upload the passport application form that is saved on your device in XML format.
- Next, select whether you want to activate your passport SMS services. If you want to activate the service, then provide a valid mobile number.
- After, you are done with the above-mentioned steps simply hit the ‘Upload’ button.
- Now you have successfully uploaded your passport application.
Now that you have already submitted the passport application form successfully, all you have to do is get an appointment from the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) in order to get your documents verified once you have paid the required amount for your passport application. On the given day of your appointment, visit the PSK office with all the necessary documents and get done with your verification process. Once, you are done with your verification process; you will receive your passport delivered to your doorstep to your given address.
How to Check Your Passport Application Status?
When you apply for your passport, you may get impatient and would want to know that when would you get your passport delivered. In that case, you can check your passport application status online and satisfy yourself. If you are unaware of the process to do so then, just follow the simple steps given below. It is easier than you think. Here you go:
Checking Passport Application Status Online:
- First, visit the official passport website of India.
- When the page opens select the option ‘Track Your Application Status.’
- Once you click on this link, you will be redirected to a page where you have to select the option ‘Application Status.’
- Now, you have to provide your file number which contains 15 alphanumeric characters.
- Next, provide your date of birth.
- In case you have provided the above-mentioned information wrong, you will be redirected to the ‘Status Tracker’ page where you can view the following details: your file number, your first and last name, the submission date of your passport application and your current passport status.
This will let you know the in which stage your passport application is in and how long will it take for you to get your passport delivered. Depending on which you can take action if, there’s a delay in the process.
Now that you know to apply for a passport, I hope you won’t find it difficult to do it for yourself. Even if you are not planning to go on a vacation any sooner, you should still apply for a passport. After all, it’s an important document to have in possession.